- Capacity: 206 children
- Ages Served: 6 weeks-prekindergarten
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Management: Sheltering Arms Early Education and Family Centers
- Instructional Staff: 13 lead teachers, 13 assistant teachers, some part-time staff
- Support Staff: 1 director, 1 assistant director, 6 family support specialists, 1 art teacher,
3 curriculum specialists
- In 2012, Educare Atlanta earned National Association for the Education of Young Children accreditation and became the 17th Educare school in the nation.
- When it opened in 2010, Educare Atlanta was called the Early Learning and Literacy Resource Center, which is the name used to reference it in videos on this site. Its name changed when the school joined the Educare network.
Classrooms and Activity Spaces
Infant and Toddler
- 6 classrooms, including 2 infant classrooms that accommodate up to 8 children each and 4 toddler classrooms that accommodate up to 9 children each.
- 4 of 6 lead teachers have a bachelor’s degree.
- 4 classrooms that each accommodate up to 17 children.
- 3 of 4 lead teachers have a bachelor’s degree.
- 3 Sheltering Arms classrooms and 1 Atlanta Public Schools classroom.
- Each class accommodates up to 22 children.
- All 4 classrooms incorporate the same curriculum, standards and assessments.
- All lead teachers have a bachelor’s degree.
- 2 separate playgrounds with age-appropriate equipment for children from infancy through age 5.
- All classrooms have direct access to a playground.
- Children spend about 1.5 hours outdoors daily, weather and air quality permitting.
- Inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach.
- Resembles an interior courtyard, bringing natural light into the building and providing indoor recreational space.
- Provides entryways to several classrooms.
- Windows on the upper levels where Dunbar Elementary is located create a visual connection between the two schools.
- Full-time art education instructor on staff.
- Toddler, preschool and prekindergarten classes enjoy at least 30 minutes in the studio each week.
- Offers a wide range of art media to enable children to explore and experiment.
- Educare Atlanta assigns a family support specialist to every enrolled child’s family to serve as a liaison with the school and provide support as needed.
- Specialists provide additional support to 40 families through Parents as Teachers, targeting younger parents who lack the life and parenting skills to foster successful child development and learning.